Disturbed Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disturbed Guild

on the Tortus Server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sin guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ryususei

Sin guide Empty
PostSubject: Sin guide   Sin guide I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Well since I can't play, why not make a guide? haha So here is some pointers for future sins...this is my first guide so it may not be fully formated well and it definatly will have more added to it. I'm in class so it might end abruptly.
I will try to update alot.

1)Overview
2)Weapons-Dirks or Swords; Armor-Warrior or Hunter
3)Stones and jewelry
4)Skills to up
5)PvPing
6)DPs-Do's and Don't's
7)TAs and what your role is

Overview

First off, gz on class transfer. This guide is for sins up to level 7x. If anything has been left out of the following, please leave a post or message me. Also please leave some feedback on this guide. Sins are known for their insane attack speed compared to other classes and their ability to hide and DD. It will take a lot, and I mean A LOT, of dedication to this class if you wanna be considered one of the few capable sins in this world. So practice, practice, and more practice will help alot.

Weapons and Armor

Ok so both of these are mostly preference. There's more preference behind weapons though then armor. But either one, get it as high a + as you can...especiall your armor.

So which armor? I recommend warrior up to r5 where defense really matters. (espcially if you use AI (assasin impact) in a DP) But I also recommned having a spare hunter armor for TAs and sieges.

For weapons, it depends on you. If you like PvPing alot, I suggest swords. If you don't then you can just dirks. Dirks are faster but dont offer as much damage as swords. And plus, it barely scratches in PvP, imo.

Also if you intend on PvPing alot, carry a crossbow too. Every sin needs a crossbow to DD after a fear(headbreaker).

Stones and jewelry

This too is part of preference but some stones are an absolute must. The stone I'm talking about is vitality stones. And stones that say level limit 40 or 60 mean that you have to be that level for it to take effect. Meaning that if you are 50 but put level 60 stones in your equipment, you won't benefit from it when you wear it.

My stone set is an odd one
6x vitality
3x strength
3x agility

This is also because I tank most of my dps too. But you are free to choose any stone combination you want. Later you might want an extra armor for PvPing against the magic users by equipting wisdom and viality stones.

For jewelry, I use a plethora of rings and I also switch alot depending on the situation.
Rings
Strength-Most used in PvP with crit and in DPs.
vitality-Always where one. (I where two when I'm tanking a control boss.)
luck(crits)-for PvPing when I'm on the offense and optional in DPs. (Since I take aggro anyway and tank, I need as much vit as I can get.
dexterity-for fighting against people 20+ lvls higher then me and for mobs in dungeon that are higher
wisdom-for PvPing against dm/cm/wl
Earrings
crit+p atk
fang of wind

Skills to up

Here are the skills you want first:

Weapon passive (sword one)
Armor passive
Assassin Impact
Headbreaker
Concentration
Deep Evasion (even though it "doesnt" work. idk but still up it.)
Quick Pace
Avoidance Expert
And Bloody Blade for last (doesn't heal for much. -.-)

PvPing

Now here is my favorite but hardest part. To shine as a sin you practically need a Ph.D. So you're gonna have to spend a lot of your time practicing. There is no "best" strategy to use, only your wits. There are tips of course but as time goes by, you'll start to get the hang of it. Here are some tips:

At the beginning try using headbreaker and then quickly switch to xbow. It is possible to quickslot your weapons and I find that alot easier then having the Inventory window open. Practice switching weapons so you don't lose seconds off of the fear. After the HB, spam skills and if it's a melee type, use your two knockbacks(not at the same time) to push them back then try to use bleeding arrow right before your last knockback and then cloak.

For magic types, you can still hit them out of their casting range and then cloak.

I guess I'll give my strategy for any sins that want an example.

Before duel starts, I cloak and wait for cd.
5 or so seconds before the cd is over, I shadow rush and dd like crazy and then I hit HB BEFORE the stun ends. There is always a little lag before it goes away after the time is out. Then I use sonic blade and then switch to xbow and use bleeding arrow+F1 and cursed arrow+F1 and double shot+F1. The F1's get in an extra hit between spams. Then if the person has to run to me, like hws, I use thrust arrow bc it has the longest cast time and "spam" some more then I use bleeding arrow again then crit arrow then cloak. The BA stops HP regeneration. Then I wait for SR(shadow rush) to finish cd then stun hit then cloak. Never give a chance to be hit. Also if a DOT is hit one you (i.e. Flame Burn) run around some or if you have restrain on you, use sudden rush to get away then cloak and make sure the DOT has ran out BEFORE you cloak or you will be brought out of cloak.

If someone complains you are taking a while, don't listen to them. Duels with good sins never end before a minute or even two minutes if both opponents are equal in level or close to it.

Then you just repeat minus the headbreak eveytime (because cd is kinda long) and throw in some of your own moves and hopefully you'll win.

DPs-Do's and Don't's

Ok so in DPs your main role is to DD. But despite what others may say, a sin can tank but I highly recommend that you have a bp. The higher the level the better. My sin is 73 and I had an 87 bp that kept me healed so I wouldn't put a strain on the healers' mp. With my stone set up, I dodges about 1/3 of all the hits but unfortunately it seems that sins always kept the constant criticals...(some bug probably...-.-) but I still could hold up. Also as a sin, try disabling a few mobs but DON'T use Headbreaker as it will drive the other party members crazy and, stupidly, they chase after that one rather then attack one of the other 5 mobs. I usually sleep the last one. Keeping the healer safe should be you're top priority. If the healer is in trouble, I shadow rush and go all out on the mob or try something to steal aggro faster then running there (i.e. Sonic Blade). Also, if you use AI alot, be prepared to take some hits as you will take aggro. If you don't want aggro either stop attacking or don't use AI alot. You will also be expected to lead parties through a dungeon to a spot. I suggest either two vit rings or a vit and agility ring. Pop a quick pot and use quick pace and oblivion (even though it hardly works. Something else that will be fixed hopefully.). And when you get to a spot, I usually use sudden pace to lose the new mobs and then cloak. Also, unfortunately, there are times when the DP is going to die. Cloak and just wait it out unless you think you can kill the last mobs. It's better to have one person alive to res then to have everyone die. Always res the healers first as they give exp back when they res rather then a res scroll on other players. Sins are like the tofu of DPs, we can fulfill more then one position that is needed with the exception of a healer and buffers and dm/cm/wl.

TAs and what to do

Okay as requesting, this section is your role in a TA(Timed Attack). For an explanation of what a TA is, there is one already on the forums that explain them. You're major roles are leading to a spot and DDing. Since you have the fastest movement speed in the game(fully buffed) you will be the first to move and you also might wanna have the set-up explained earlier for running through dungeons. When you get to your spot, cloak. Then after the fight has began wait a little for the tank to gain aggro then DD. BEFORE the boss dies, start running to the next but dont run too early.

So here's the end of my lengthy guide...I think.

Last edited by ryususei on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
MyLust
Guild Master
MyLust

Sin guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin guide   Sin guide I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:17 am

great guide... plz add some info on Time Attack...
Back to top Go down
ryususei

Sin guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin guide   Sin guide I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Ha ok. Thanks. Almost forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
Ivariitis

Sin guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin guide   Sin guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:06 pm

hey nice guide
few things i do not by the guide Smile
i use swords well atleast started since R4 and i just love them anywhere.. pvp with dirks i couldnt hit with swords it nice dmg, DPs very nice dmg, and while farming i kill mobs faster than with dirks
Rings - i used to use agility rings for better evasion but it was high enough so i switched to luck rings.. i have 16% crit ratio at the moment and the crits are just flying, because of the attack speed
if you're using quick potions the speed doesnt have that much of a difference compairing to dirks..
oh and for dps i do realy much dmg and get attacked quite much, but if you use Oblivion(i think this is the right skill) it lowers your threat by 30% i think or more, and i always spam Distortion of Rage which removes my threat so it's quite easy and no stress
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sin guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin guide   Sin guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sin guide
Page 1 of 1