Disturbed Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disturbed Guild

on the Tortus Server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My turn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ivariitis

My turn Empty
PostSubject: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey, i have been in the guild for like week now and i realized i haven't intro'ed myself yet Smile so here we go.
My name is Ivars, i come from Latvia, Riga. If you don't know where it is, go ahead and take a look in the map around Baltic sea, East Europe.
I'm 19, 20 in less than a month. cheers
I'm studying mathematics in University of Latvia, and i really hope i pass exams.
I'm a friendly active person which you can trust, i don't back stab people.
I like different types of music, but my favorite genre is .. well i don't actually know if i have a favorite. I like metal, heavy metal, death metal, black metal, nu metal, psychodelic rock, progressive rock. If you want to talk about music, feel free to ask something at any time Very Happy
I'm not much into sports, but i like watching them Smile some of you maybe noticed my yelling about hockey championships some time ago, or maybe i wasn't in the guild yet. Not sure.
Don't know what else to mention. Well some other mmos that i've played are Runescape(level 134), WoW(didn't like it), Kal online, Silkroad online, Eternal Lands. Probably like 5 more i just can't remember. Playing Rappelz for over 2 years (noticed on official forums, that i registered feb 17, 2007) with big breaks, that's why i'm about to reach R4 only now.
So far the guild seems nice, could be more active people Smile but it's ok.
Thank you for reading Smile
Back to top Go down
MyLust
Guild Master
MyLust

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:07 am

Cool i like math too... I love to solve mathematic problems fast... I not that great in advance mathematic's but i like to solve math problems...

I member in high school couple of freinds came out with a formula to guess some ones birth day with them never tilling us their birthday just with math problems and asking them stuff like divide ur age by 1/2 and multiply by etc, etc...

yea we a small guild but most of the members are quality players... those who are not dont' last long in guild... Hope with new epic we get some new quality players inside...
Back to top Go down
AriaSanguis

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:23 am

Hey there,

first of all, I like your taste in music. Very Happy Second, I'm impressed with everyone who studies mathematics -I had to do a few exams in math while studying computer science, and although I loved math at school, I have/had some problems with the more theoretical kind of math at university. I'm good at calculating, bad at proving. Cool
Anyway, a friendly welcome to latvia!
Back to top Go down
S1thLord

S1thLord

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:33 pm

hi welcome :-)

Seen you several times online alrdy but anyway Razz

I was always pretty good at math, had some trouble with 1 professor cause i gave pretty much the results with little prove of how i did it(mostly mentally or on bench Razz) it took some work writing every step cause i didn't saw them necesary but thank god now it goes naturally, and since problems got complicated i now see the reason for having it step by step, specially when you're looking for 4 dif results :S

As for music i dunno, my 2 favorite bands go back to the 90s(Nirvana, Guns&Roses).

though i like a wide variety of music:

Metallica
Breaking Benjamin(heard first song from them "so cold" acustic and loved it, one of my favorite bands atm)
Disturbed
Linking Park
Evanescense(some songs)
Blind Guardian(some songs)
Die Toten Hosen

on another type of music i loved The Cranberries(hope they get together again)

And of course some bands from my country Argentina^^

La Renga
Los Redonditos de Ricota
Soda Stereo(some songs)
Ataque 77 (though vocalist resigned Sad, and guitarist replacing him is like listening to a dog singing ^^)

And after all that i'm staring to like some classic music(piano mostly), i blame that to getting older :S. 2 years ago i would hav covered my ears in despair xD

Well if you want to talk about music anytime Smile

As for sports i know little of hockey, we breath soccer here Razz also like basketball(lakers fan), tennis, love to watch the X-Games, some golf(playing it, watching it is definetely not my thing)

Well i finish here or i'll write 40 pages Razz
Back to top Go down
AriaSanguis

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm

You know Die Toten Hosen in Argentina? That's cool, it's a german punk band (and I am german Wink ). Those guys are in there 40's and still smashing -well, not as often as in earlier years, but still... and Blind Guardian are also German Cool They're one of my favorites too.
Back to top Go down
MyLust
Guild Master
MyLust

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:04 am

yea theres good German bands i know lil band in usa thats well know Ramstein : )
Back to top Go down
AriaSanguis

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:15 am

Hehe, yes Rammstein is one of few german bands that were and are successful in the us (as far as I know). Even with german lyrics.
Back to top Go down
S1thLord

S1thLord

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:44 pm

yeah i like Die Toten Hosen Smile, my 2nd nationality is german(have passport and everything), don't ask me to write in german though Razz

the first time they came here it was 91 or 92 and they keep coming on a regular base ^^

as a matter of fact they were here in Argentina past month, and as crazy as ever, just look at Campino jump Twisted Evil

April-2009-Argentina

at small venues soccer chants included for them to come out :-)

Also they always try to have 1 song or cover in spanish as a show of respect, like this cover from an argentinian band:

1,2 Ultraviolento

This year they sang "La bamba" in spanish ^^, ofcourse if you are able to understand 30-40% of the spanish its to much, but they still rock^^
Back to top Go down
Ivariitis

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:48 pm

No offense but does Die Toten Hosen mean Death Pants or Dead Pants? Very Happy:D:D i know a few words in german but only a few, thx to Ramstein

Well some of my favorite bands at the moment:
Colour Haze
AC/DC
Korn
Sepultura
Guns'n'Roses (not the new album, when i listen it looks like it was made by G'n'R wannabes Sad )
Slipknot
Cradle of Filth
Metallica
Nightwish
Children of Bodom

BTW if anyone knows great tv series close to Supernatural feel free to tell me ASAP
i just can't wait till september when they start making season 5 of Supernatural
Back to top Go down
AriaSanguis

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Dead pants. Death pants would be something like Die Tod-Hosen. "Hier ist tote Hose" is an idiom which means "it's boring here, nothing's going on". Must be irony, that they named their band like that... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ansata

Ansata

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Sepultura   My turn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Sepultura is a brazilian band =)
I saw one show here, in Campinas, some weeks ago.

About punk rock, does anybody knows "Ratos de Porăo"?
We have "Angra", also. A very good Progressive/Power Metal band.

Favorite bands:

- Ramones;
- Motörhead;
- AC/DC;
- Paradise Lost;
- Depeche Mode; XD

"Ultraje a Rigor" and "Paralamas" are nice bands, if you wanto to know a bit of brazilian Rock =)

See ya =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My turn Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn   My turn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My turn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disturbed Guild :: Misc :: Get to Know Your Guildies-
Jump to: